Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Training Journal - March 28, 2011

Why is it so hard for me to transfer my training journal to the blog?  I write down and track all my workouts and really want to record it online but way more often than not, I literally forget to do it after I train.  This is my journey to 200 snatches in 10 minutes, the pistol and an 88 pound Kettlebell press.

Then I say to myself, if this is your biggest problem here, you're doing OK.  You're worried about transferring your hand written training log to cyberspace.  At least you're working out!  At least you're recording and tracking your progress.  At least you have a game plan.  You're doing better then probably 75% of the people out there.  Don't be so hard on your self!

Well, let's take a look at some of the "reasons" I have for not putting my training journal on-line...
  1. I don't have time
  2. I'm afraid I'll forget to bring my hard copy back to the car
  3. It's too much effort
Any of this crap sound familiar?  And while we're at it, I am going to be too hard on myself.  This isn't a comparison/contrast of me verses the rest of the world, this is about me following through.

So what's the main difference here.  I said, "I really want to record it online."  That's it, "really want" is the problem on two levels.
  1. Wanting leads to more wanting.  You can want something all you want but it doesn't mean you'll do anything about it.
  2. When you leave the zone of want, you move into action.
Time is ALWAYS a bullshit excuse.  Pardon my French.  I won't get into now but just know it is.

So without further to do...

3/28/11

Superjoints to warm up
Wall Squats and Pumps - 3 sets of 5
Goblet Squats @ 16 with TGU's @ 24 - 3 sets of 5
Club Swings Movements 1 and 2 alternating with 1+1 Windmills
24 kg Snatches 10+10 x 8 - 50 seconds of work/1:20 of rest

Next time will get 10 rounds and then reduce the rest to 1:10...

Be back with more Wednesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment