Saturday, June 12, 2010

ETK "Easy" Day - 6/10/10

The call this the easy day or the light workout.  For me it's about grinding out a near perfect rep each and every time.  The higher the volume the more one tends to sacrifice form and slip into muscling it just a little bit.  Fatigue sets in, form slips a bit.  To press perfectly each and every time is the goal.  Then again, to press 40kgs perfectly is also the goal.  On higher volume days with the 32 the ladders will climb.  5 ladders of 1,2,3,4 is the current target.  Then it'll be 5 x 1,2,3,4,5 or 150 total reps.  So when there's an easy day or light day, my task is to not only perform a perfect rep but an ultra super duper extra perfect rep.  Hell, they're called "grinds" for a reason.  Slow the "f" down and grind.  Flare the lat, pull the shoulder down, push yourself away from the bell, squeeze the glutes, brace the abs, pull the kneecaps up, spread the floor with your feet, tssssssstt!  That's a press.  Do that everytime...

Clean and Press Ladders @ 32kg 5 x 1,2 = 15 x 2 = 30 reps x's 32 = 960kg's pressed


Then Pistol practice...  after every rung, I did the, "just go as low as you can under complete control until you loose control, fall on your ass, roll back, pop up, grab a pole and try to not fall back on your ass again while maintaining the static tension and stretch your hamstrings" pistol. 

I'm getting deeper before the falling part.  I can almost sit down on one leg and it seems that I'm using the pole less for the static holds, so not bad.  Not great either but I'm not letting this one go.

On to the "light" Snatch session.  I followed the David Whitley "push yourself but don't be stupid" philosophy and since today was strictly a day to work on ultra super duper extra perfect form, I decided that each Snatch should be as clean and as crisp as the first one.  No iffy Snatches.  Set the timer for 15 minutes and in EDT fashion got as many perfect sets of 6+6 as I could.  Meaning I didn't allow myself to rush the rep or the set.  Each rep was it's own rep.  Stay in the moment of that rep.  Everything clean and solid.  Crisp.  Such a great adjective for the Snatch.

Ended up with 10 x 6+6 24kg Snatches = 120 reps or 2880 kg Snatched.  Felt good.  Real good.  Looking forward to 200 in 10.  I can taste it.  I can taste this 1/2 bodyweight press.  I can taste the Pistol.  Clearly, I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment