Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tuesday Heavy

Tuesday at the park, Rite of Passage heavy day.

Warmed up with Pavel Tsatsouline's Super Joints and the warm up drills from Enter the Kettlebell.  I also tossed in a few Overhead Squats, Turkish Get Ups and some Goblet Squats for good measure.  It looked like this:

Face-the-Wall Squats: 3 sets of 5
Overhead Squats: 3 sets of 5
Goblet Squats: 3 sets of 5
Halos: 3 sets of 5
Pump Stretches: 3 sets of 5
TGU's 3 left/3right 16kg bell

Now for the work:

32kg Clean and Press 3 Ladders of 1,2,3,4 alternated with box pistols.

Press Volume looks like this 3 x 10 total reps per side which ads up to 60 reps or 1920 kg's pressed.  In pounds that's about 4233 lbs pressed.

Anybody else having a Rainman moment or is it just me?

The Clean and Press is coming along well.  Today I put my focus on pushing myself away from the Kettlebell and exploding out of the clean. 

So it looks like I may have found the only acceptable use for a High Step in the RKC community.  I will accept any and all insults and teasing, but know this; for Box Pistols, they're great!  Here's how I put it to use:  I laid out each rung of the step, the lowest being two rungs.  For the first rung of the ladders, I'd do 1 Clean and Press left and 1 right then head over to the high step for a very low Box Pistol; 1 left, 1 right.  For the second rung, I did 2 Clean and Presses left and 2 right then set the step at three rungs for 2 Box Pistols left and right.  3 Clean and Presses left and right and 3 Box Pistols at 4 rungs.  Then I'd finish up with 4 Clean and Presses left and right and 4 Box Pistols left and right.  As the volume increased, the height of the box increased so I could stay 100% focused on tension and lowering myself under control and not worry about too much fatigue.

Wrapping it all up with Swings.  The dice roll came back Snake Eyes so I did a Power to the People tribute.  1 set of Bulldog Swings to near failure.  24 reps.  Caught my breath and did 22.  Took another breather and on a whim knocked out 20 more for good measure.  

I cooled down with some Hanging Leg Raises, Stretched out a bit and am looking forward to tomorrow's Active Recovery which will involve some Club Swinging Practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment