Thursday, March 25, 2010

Am I taming the Bulldog or Is the Bulldog Taming Me?

It was a late Tuesday morning. Last week's Bulldog session got 6 sets of 3/3 Bulldog Cleans and 9 sets of 12 Swings. My goal for the Bulldog Session this week was 10 sets of 3/3 Cleans and 10 sets of 12 Swings. Results? Close, but no cigar, however better than last week, so I can't complain.

Warm Up: Super Joints and the warm up from Enter the Kettlebell.

The Workout: Bulldog Cleans 5 x 3/3 then 1 Arm Swings 5 x 3/3
                        2 Hand Swings 10 x 12


I would Clean, rest a minute, then Swing. After 5 sets of Cleans, my form wasn't all there. In the Clean, I felt the hip snap was loosing it's snap and I was feeling like I was going to start to attempt to muscle 88 pounds of round iron. So I down shifted to 1 Arm Swings to focus on the hip snap. Generating that weightless feeling with the bell and making the "zip it up like a jacket" part seem easy when it floats into place.

This is where Yoda and Jedi philosophy apply to Kettlebells...

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

The application of Force and using the Force, as well as the Tension to tame this 88 pound nemesis.

The Cool Down: Came from Relax into Stretch plus I did some stretches for the back from Beyond Bodybuilding.

The good news is I got the full 10 sets. Next time around, I'll shoot for 6-7 sets of Cleans and 3-4 1 Arm Swings and I think I'll hold the volume on the 2 Hand Swings until I can hit 10 sets of 3/3 Cleans...

No comments:

Post a Comment