Friday, March 12, 2010

GVT on a late Friday morning...

Warm UpSuper Joints and 2+2 TGU's with 24 kg Kettlebell

Work done:  Double 24 kg Kettlebell Front Squats and Renegade Rows 10 sets of 5.

Rest Taken:  3:00 - 3:30 minutes between sets.  Total work time about 45 minutes.

Cool Down:  Bretzles, Hanging Leg Raises, Relax into Stretch.

Plan for the next time:  Same numbers, less rest.  Will try 2:30 - 3:00 rest time between sets.

Thoughts:  Well, I posted the following on Facebook today:

"I'd like to take a moment to personally thank The Dropkick Murphy's  for their assistance in today's Kettlebell Workout. If I hadn't have dropkicked Bob Marley out of the CD player around the 6th set and dropped these fellows in, I don't know if I'd have been able to finish the whole 10 sets. Celtic Punk and Kettlebells Front Squats with Renegade Rows goes good like Corned Beef and Cabbage..."

So basically, I got the beatdown.  That being said, I'm not as sore as I expected.  I also felt really well dialed into my form and the technique felt pretty solid.  As I mentioned, I will start reducing the rest.  The volume is right where I want it, anything over 5 reps on either one of these drills seems...  I don't know; excessive?  I'd rather compress the rest to promote a little strength based conditioning and endurance, rather then push the volume to a point where I could have an easy opportunity to allow volume to compromise form. 

Because that's really what we're after here, right?  Good and propper movement.  Building stength on a solid base and foundation.  Confidence in the skill which translates into confidence in ourselves.  Strength that filters into all the other aspects of daily life.  That's the key principle to Pura Vida Kettlebells anyway.

Today's workout felt good.  Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment