Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Monday Night at the Park

Monday nights training consisted of:

Warming up with Super Joints, plus Wall Squats, Halos and Pumps from Enter the Kettlebell

The workout consisted of 10 superset of 10 Hindu Squats immediately followed by 10 Double Kettlebell Snatches using 16kg bells.

The cool down came from Relax into Stretch plus some Hanging Leg Raises.

The music was supplied by Scott Joplin again.  It triggers the Sandow in me...

The last time this workout came around, I set the Gymboss timer for 1 minute of work (30 seconds per exercise) and 1:30 rest.  I set a goal to do 1 minute of work and 1:15 of rest.  After considering it further, I felt like I didn't fully own this time frame.  I want to finish the 10th set and know that each snatch and squat was executed perfectly.  That I owned the workout.  When I looked back at last Sunday morning, I felt like I didn't fully own it.  Last weeks session quickly evolved into a mind game of maintaining good form and pushing through the building fatigue.  So I decided to keep the time from the same.

So how did I feel this time?  Better than last time, but not where I want it to be.  The last couple set were the real work.  I'm more confident with this workout than the last one.  I think I'm going to repeat this time frame once more for good measure.

One thing for sure I'll tell you about this workout, it is a slam dunk full body workout.  This morning, my legs are toast, the shoulders are a bit fried and the glutes and dear abbies are making me aware of their presence.  If you ever have (or have had) a go at this workout, leave a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment