Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thursday Night Training

So Thursday night after working at the "real" job, I headed to the park to enjoy the receding daylight and get in my easy ladders and snatches.

Warm up was the classic warm up from Enter the Kettlebell.

The work was 3 ladders of 1,2 on the Clean and Press with the 32kg bell and in between ladders, I used a pole to lower myself into a rock bottom pistol and performed static holds for as long as it seemed "comfortable."  Just trying to stick the bottom with strength, flexibility and balance.  Slightly better than last time.  I felt a bit more flexible and my balance is improving.  Don't get me wrong, if I'd have let go of the pole, I'd have been on my ass faster than you could say "on your ass."  It's just that I didn't have to hold on so hard so I'm calling that an improvement.  After the holds, I would do a Pump/Cobra stretch and then return to the Clean and Press.


Interesting how sore you can get from a static hold.  Meaning had some good DOMF the next morning.  Mostly felt in in the hips and deep in the hams and glutes.  This wasn't the normal lactic acid cesspool you get after a high volume day of Romanian Deadlifts, this was a deep soreness, like muscles are working now that don't really get out much.

Snatches.  Goal was 120 in 10 minutes or less with the 24.  Got that.  Wouldn't say it was easy.  I had about 15 seconds left when I stopped.  I was simply doing sets of 5 and 5.  I split it up into rounds.  First round was 3 sets; 5/5, 5/5, 5/5, stop, 5/5, 5/5, stop, 5/5 stop,  5/5, 5/5, 5/5, stop, 5/5, 5/5, stop, and 5/5.

Slow and steady wins the race.  My glutes wore out and the last set was all heart.  It seems as if the conditioning is there, but it's been a while since I worked with the 24 on high volume snatching so my body is coming back to it a little reluctantly.  Which is fine.  200 in 10 will fall by the end of the year if not sooner.   

No comments:

Post a Comment