Saturday, April 16, 2011

Training Journal for 4/13 and 4/14

Was scheduled to Snatch on Wednesday but decided to go get reamed by my tax guy instead.   Didn't quite enjoy that pain.  And speaking of not enjoying pain, Thursday was exceptionally windy here in the San Fernando Valley so there was too much crap in the air to train outside.  What did I do?  Well the wind didn't really kick up until my workout was off and rolling.  Around my 6th set of 10+10 Snatches I noticed a dusty horizon and felt a scratch in my throat and chest.  So I pulled rank on myself and closed up shop 2 sets too soon.  My target that night was 10 rounds of :50 work and :60 rest.  I stopped short for the safety of it.  It just doesn't make since to be breathing in all that dust and pollen stirring around.  Better to call it quits and come back to fight another day.

That being said, as much as I love "Rich Man's Gym" there's something to be said for indoor training and a controlled environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment