Saturday, April 9, 2011

Training Journal for 4/9/11

Today's workout was bitter sweet as April succumbs to Jack Frost's desire to stick around a little longer.  Chilly wind and blinding sun makes peeking out from the clouds makes for muscle confusion of a different sort.  And all hail the Indian Club as my shoulders continue to loosen up and increase in their range of motion!

Warmed up with some Chi Dancing or "Shaking" from Chinese Shamanic Tiger QiGong.  Believe it or not, but 5 minutes of carefree jumping and bouncing can go a long long way. 

Today's music of choice featured the whimsical soundtrack to O' Brother Where Art Thou.  So how's this for you?  I don't know about you, but there's something entertaining and enjoyable about listening to fairly eclectic music in a fairly busy park on a boom box from the '90s while doing Shaking Practice, Wall Squats, Pumps, Kettlebell Goblet Squats, Turkish Get Ups, Windmills and swinging Indian Clubs.  I don't know, maybe I just like the total "back in the day" immersion, maybe I'm an attention whore, maybe I'm John DuCane's worst PR nightmare, I don't know.  But what I do know is that it works for me and that's really all that matters!

Finished off with Snatches.  24 kg.  50 seconds of work (10 reps per hand) followed by 60 seconds of rest.  Got 8 rounds.  Probably could have hit the full 10 but decided to err on the side of caution and leave a little in the tank.  Finish stronger not weaker.  Next time this workout comes around, I'll hit all 10 rounds and then reduce the rest to 50 seconds.  Even Steven.  From there the real work begins as I begin to work longer than I rest.  200 reps in 10 minutes look out!  This "bell" tolls for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment